It’s the last day of 2014! I don’t know if that deserves a WOO HOO or a “damn”. This year really flew. Everyone else is reviewing so I think I will too:
- Had a boyfriend.
- Rented a storage space in the Southside. Why is this mentioned you say? Well it was a step to getting my independence back from storing stuff in Beaver. I didn’t think this relationship would last. Plus for some reason it was kind of fun wandering around that huge building. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. Jimmy helped me move stuff into storage and was sure it was a place where dead bodies were/are kept. He’s probably right. Hundreds of locker spaces, small enough for 2 boxes, large enough for cars. It was an “experience” for me.
- Working and living downtown Pittsburgh. LOVING my two block commute. Loved living in the city. Learned that CVS charges 17 times as much for a broom than say anywhere else. Learned how to navigate the city, where to shop.
- didn’t have a boyfriend, had to figure out what to do with all my belongings in Beaver
- Continuing fun in the city. I believe I had my 6 person Bunko that month with girls over for dinner in the apartment. Loved that. Where was the camera?
- Trip to California to visit brother – sister-in-law and sister. Great trip. Didn’t have a boyfriend at the time
- End of March and back with the boyfriend who is now moving to Tampa. Will I or won’t I go? Was there ever a question?
- Housing search in Florida has begun
- Still living in Pittsburgh keeping the move on the downlow…somewhat..waiting for the other shoe to drop or housing in Florida – what will it be?
- Still waiting for my life to change.
- In the meantime – aJimbo graduation
- And then I got the call – soon to be my home sweet home:
- and the frenzy began. Goodbyes, packing and moving. While some of my friends were in shock that I was actually making the move, others weren’t surprised at all
and the final goodbyes:
Dinner with Zach – downtown
My brother in for a visit the very weekend I moved. We both stayed at my sister’s house for the weekend. Him and Jim in the sun. This was my last day/afternoon – waiting for Phil to pack the truck
and the rest is History…well it’s all history isn’t it?
- The Blog is born – June 2, 2014
- Then getting to know my new family and my new hometown
- June also had a quick trip home to Pittsburgh:
- It was HOT
- and another visit home to Pittsburgh
- New Schools for the kids
- New Schools for the guardian (that’s me)
- Visit to Miami
- Reconnect with old friends
- Fall in Florida
- And another trip to Pittsburgh/Columbus/Virginia/Pittsburgh
Beautiful drive thru Virginia mountains
- Christmas with the Bakers
- And now it’s New Year’s Eve – I should be getting dressed but I am trying to knock this blog out first. So forgive any typos I’ll catch up later.
Now that you’ve gotten thru all those pictures, here’s the answer to the question: The New Year is a time for self-reflection and improvement. Write about the future self you’re going to develop over the next year, or years.
The reason I posted the boyfriend breakup and uncertainty in the beginning of the year is because we really never know what is going to happen. I thought it was going to go one way and sort of planned for that and then we just decided to go for it. Ya know? I could have chosen to stay in the city, work the new job, live in the apartment and been happy seeing my boys more, seeing the babies more, but in the end I chose a NEW adventure. I just went for it and well here I am, in Florida, with the strangers who are now my family. I’m not going to even guess what the new year will bring or the new me will be. I’m just going to watch it unfold. Apparently you are all going to watch it unfold with me!!
Love you all, Happy New Year,