Prompt: Today is a free writing day. Write at least four-hundred words, and once you start typing, don’t stop. No self-editing, no trash-talking, and no second guessing: just go.
I’m glad it’s a free writing day because I’ve been missing my updates. HA! How ridiculous does that sound? I don’t know if the Writing 101 class is expecting us to tackle current events, a deep introspective issue, some revelation or inspirational posting, but no, I want to talk about what I’ve been doing. When I used to send these updates only to Diane we would call them updates. I mean they WERE updates at the time(s)..am I moving? Are we together? What stupid PPU news did I have to share? I mean they were really updates. Now I’m wondering since “I’m” the one that is missing the updates of myself, well there’s something wrong with that. I’m wondering if it’s really a brain dump. Maybe it’s a way of reviewing/journaling so I can look at everything on paper, so to speak, and see how it’s going, and then of course drag all of you along with me.
Speaking of paper, has anyone tried to review their Verizon bill? Good lord. 25 printed pages later I still had to call. I mean really, it’s like some top-secret code. Phil’s been wanting to see if we could reduce the bill and I’ve been waiting until I had a free day. I mean honestly you need a lot of time to do this. And sure enough three hours of reviewing, trying the chat feature, more review and finally calling them I can get it down $30 a month. Hardly seems worth it, but it is $30 a month. Two months ago we could have saved $40 a month by reducing sports so I wanted to wait until Jimmy came through, but today it seems they’ve changed their fee/package structure so everything is included again. I mean it’s just crazy.
- Oh well, this is the kind of stuff that I shouldn’t be spending my time on blabbing about but it was my morning.
Other events that I haven’t been reporting on include:
- A good horseback riding lesson yesterday. I’m riding Zipper now. I think we might be bonding. First time back in the saddle after my trip up north. Still can’t pick the feet.
- A good birthday dinner last night for Tashah. She likes vegetables and no dairy. LOVE that. So we had a nice healthy dinner and then deliciously bad for you bday cake. All Bakers plus one boyfriend were here. Very nice night. The kids went to the beach together and flew a kite. Just a nice night all around.
- Our pool is resurfaced. I would not recommend these guys but they did do the job. Some of their equipment is still here. The realtor said they’re supposed to come back every day for 2 weeks. Haven’t seen them once. I don’t think we’ll ever see them again. The regular pool guy didn’t come this week. I don’t know if we can swim in it or not. We had to refill with the hose. You know our water. Can you imagine? So no wonder we have to get the Verizon bill down because the water bill is going to be astronomical (I imagine).
- Phil and I went to the beach last Sunday. We got so burnt. I say this like it’s a good thing. I know it’s not but we had so much fun. There were actually waves. I know, waves in Florida. There was a rip current warning so now we know that’s the time to go. I guess there was a storm somewhere. I didn’t see one boat on the water so at least they were heeding the warning. We had fun in the waves. The beach crowd had an eyeful when my bathing suit top would come off. Still, it was fun and exhausting. I’m hoping it counted as exercise.
School is winding down and we’re thinking of summer activities for the kids. Zenah is doing a summer LAX league and a trip to Toronto for a family wedding with her sisters. We’d love it if she could do a girl scout trip to Costa Rica. We’re thinking of setting up one of those “go fund me” pages. So she’ll be busy. Jorden is probably thinking about his TV lineup for the summer. Not sure what to do there.
I’m still thinking of work. I really want to be employed by the summer. I can’t believe it’s been almost a year and I’ve gotten nothing. NOTHING. I mean not even an offer to turn down. It makes me feel bad about myself so I try not to dwell on it. Instead I take it out on Phil and am a bitch (but not always) I just don’t know what to do. I wonder what he’s thinking? Probably thinking he didn’t sign up for this. A year!! I mean WTF. Good thing I didn’t come down here 5 years ago and try to make it on my own like I was so close to doing. Sometimes I wonder if I should move up with my mother and relieve him of his duties but then again she’s not going to pay the car bill. Would I be able to get a job there? I mean if I can’t get a job here there’s no reason to think I can get a job anywhere. It’s just a new life experience that I’ve not had before. I have never not been financially responsible for myself. Never. I don’t like it and I don’t know how to process it. It’s the fact that I’m looking and not getting anything. It would be different if I would just accept the status quo but I feel like I should be doing more and herein lies the quandary. I mean it would be fine if I didn’t care, then I’d just get on with my days. I don’t know. I guess I just need to accept it.
Well these are things on my mind. Things I haven’t been rambling about. And nothing new really. Now that I’ve taken care of Verizon I think maybe I’ll go get a pedicure in my Mercedes (HA!..see what unemployment does for me?) My feet hurt, it’s payday (for Phil and by extension me), and I need to reward myself for a good show (dinner) last night. A pedicure and a piece of leftover birthday cake. Sounds like a plan.