Apparently there is something called a Liebster Award for bloggers.
I’ve actually been nominated by Deb Cowdry of Once Upon a Hot Flash. So first and foremost let me thank Deb most profusely for the nomination and recognition for the Liebster Award! I’ve done some research and it seems that the Liebster award is pretty much a chain letter; however, it is a good way to get recognized and acknowledge my fellow newbie bloggers. Rules include nominating fellow bloggers with under 200 followers (I’ve cheated and added a couple with over 200…I’m such a rule breaker).
I met Deb’s blog when I was recently completing the Writing 101 prompts. The first blog I read of her’s talked about her Aunt Flo dying and I was curious as to why she made such light of it. I was confused for a moment until I looked at the title again. Deb’s blog has to do with this time in “our” lives, going through menopause with “positivity, gratefulness, dreams and how to make them her reality.” Deb now posts something she is grateful for everyday and encourages others to post something(s) they are grateful for too. It’s a good way for me to stop and think about how lucky I am to be living in Florida, finally, living the dream. Plus it doesn’t hurt to commiserate with a fellow newbie blogger and a fellow hot flasher.
Here are the questions Deb asked of her nominees and my answers:
- Why do you blog? – it keeps me connected to my “homies” (my hometown friends and family) and gives me an outlet and discipline that is strictly mine. I am thrilled that people who don’t know me find my blog interesting enough to follow.
- What is your favorite song? Hmmm. Just one? It is impossible for me to pick just one.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? If I was traveling by myself I would probably go to Vienna to visit Camille. If I was traveling with some of my new family (girls) I would drag them along on a Volunteer visit to Sri Lanka. If I was with my boyfriend I’d probably pick Sri Lanka (after we visited Camille). Heck, maybe I’d even go by myself.
- What is your favorite day of the week? Saturday. I like spending time with my boyfriend. Plus it’s a day that I typically don’t do anything (like housework or errands).
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I always thought I’d be a concert pianist, until Mr. I told me I didn’t have the discipline for it. I didn’t think I needed the discipline until I was ready. But I believed him and I’ve been floundering ever since.
- Morning person or night owl? Definitely night owl. Although I wish I was a morning person. Mornings are so peaceful.
- What is your motto in life? …just keep doin’ what you’re doin’
- Dog or cat or neither? Dog.
- Five adjectives that best describe you? Adventurous, comfortable, cheerful, determined, kind
- What is your most favorite thing to do? I find that there is not a lot that compares with horseback riding at sunset with Aimee and Erin although it’s been over 10 years since I’ve done that. At the moment I’d have to say I like hanging with my boyfriend at the beach.
Here are my 10 questions:
- Why do you blog?
- What was your favorite job?
- What is it that you always wanted but never got?
- What do you look forward to in life?
- Who is the most famous person you know?
- What was the last picture you took?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Where is your favorite place to go when you want to be alone?
- What is the simplest thing that makes you smile?
- Best compliment you’ve received?
Here are the blogs I have nominated:
johnjzokovitch he’s over the 200 but I’d still like to give him a “plug” – he writes very good stuff!
lovewhilehalfasleep (I don’t know how many followers she has but I like her!)
Just a blog rambling on (a girl after my own heart)
Threads (ok ok he’s over the 200 mark too. BUT I love this kid..He’s around the world from me and so interesting to read his blogs)
Here are the Award rules to follow:
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate 10 (or in my case 7) other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers. (ahem..)
– Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Thanks again for nominating me and I look forward to everyone’s answers.