phone in toilet

There are several reasons one’s phone might fall into the toilet. What’s important is the one that caused my phone to end up in the toilet. It was in my back pocket. I was not playing a game, or checking emails, it was in my back pocket and I had my painted on jeans on and well it just popped out. I heard it plop and it took less than a second to say “NOOOOOOO” .. There was only water in the toilet for those of you going ewwwwwww. I was on my way to horseback riding and just thought a quick stop in there then I could get to riding early. But now I had to figure out what to do with that stupid phone. I googled it and there were directions for a similar model about how to take out the battery. I got the sim card out but couldn’t get the back open so I said “eff it” and threw it in a drawer. At my riding lesson, Pat the stable helper, told me to put it in rice. Even though it was 2 hours before I got home I put it in rice, left it there until this morning and let it charge a couple of hours. I have been having trouble all day keeping the charge, but then again I didn’t ever let it charge to 100% since “the incident.” I think I’m going to be okay. Zachary said “this is why we can’t have nice things.” I’m starting to feel like he’s right. The AT&T guy tried to tell me my phone is old. I’m like “are you kidding me? I just got this phone.” I don’t know what is “old” about it. I think all this old phone, new phone stuff is a racket. Can I call? Text? Email? Take photos? Then it’s not old. He also told me that you can’t take the back off these phones to get to the battery so thank goodness I didn’t try harder. Thank heavens for small mercies. Of course the jury is still out whether or not it’s going to work again. Stay tuned.

Today was a busy day. I visited with my old lady this morning. She’s telling some good stories of her youth. I love listening to her. She told me I could do the talking next week, but I have nothing interesting like she has. So I enjoy listening to her. Then onto my Volunteer thank you luncheon. It was lovely. Then Zenah and I ran errands trying to fix her cell phone issues, then I had to take her to LAX practice because the coach couldn’t pick her up, and then home by 6:30. It was a long day. I know, when would I work?

Tomorrow is my second and final Reiki 1 class. I’m looking forward to it. Summer is definitely starting next week with the last day of school Tuesday. Zenah is actually already done except for one final she has to take on Monday. We will just have to wait and see how this summer shakes out.

Yet another stay tuned.

Until mañana (or thereabouts)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post Navigation